With funds provided by the U.S. Department of Labor Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, the MassHire Metro North Workforce Board supports six youth workforce development programs for low-income in-school and out-of-school youth to provide a combination of educational services, exposure to employment, and additional supportive services. The goal of this comprehensive approach is to provide each youth participant with a recognized credential, personal stability, and an understanding of the requirements of the modern workplace.
The Metro North Workforce Board currently supports the following WIOA Youth Programs:
- Cambridge Housing Authority Work Force Program
- Chelsea Collaborative Chelsea Works Program
- Malden YWCA Work Smart Program
- Community Work Services
- LARE (American Training, Inc.)
- Just-A-Start Youthbuild Program